From: the other end of the sidewalk
Member Rating: 2.5
Message 1 of 2 (806421)
04-25-2017 1:26 PM
afer Dawkins' "ignorance is no crime"
I have been giving this a bit a thought and would like to break it down slightly differently:
Five types of people that don't understand how evolution works:
- people too stupid to understand the concepts. These are the unfortunates. It is not their fault.
- people ignorant of the concepts, possibly through no fault of their own. These are the fortunates -- they can be cured via education. A good starting source is Berkeley: Evolution 101.
- people that have been misinformed. These are the deceived. It may be possible to cure them with education, however the victims need to be willing to learn, and willing to give up the false concepts they have regarding how evolution works. Cognitive dissonance comes into play here when this affects core beliefs that are strongly held.
- people who are charlatans. These are the people that do the deceiving of others. These are the deplorables. They too can be deceived (and likely deceive themselves), however they continue to present falsehoods even when they have been corrected. Trolls also fit in this category.
- people who are clinically insane. These are also unfortunates, as it is not their fault.
The more I read this "Davidjay" postings the more I become convinced he is in the 4th category, not really interested in real, honest debate, certainly not interested in learning.
Originally Message 81 on thread Debunking the Evolutionary God of 'Selection', I'm starting a new thread here with this topic.
|Replies to this message:|
| ||Message 2 by Admin, posted 04-26-2017 9:02 AM|| ||RAZD has acknowledged this reply|