Thanks for the crackpot index.
The best scores can be achieved by right predictions:
33) 50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions.
The MPG predicts:
1) that within species we do not see abundant variation with respect to genes, and usually such genetic alterations are neutral or degenerate (although distinct alleles can be expected through the principle of degeneration, which is in effect the action of entropy).
PB: prediction confirmed by contemporary genetics: 50 points
1b) that all organism --even the simplest-- have an elaborate and accurate mechanism to counteract mutations.
PB: Prediction confirmed in by Chlorobium tepidum (PNAS 2002, 99:9509): 50 points
2) predicts that a considerable part of the genes of any organism can be knocked out without being lethal.
PB: Prediction confirmed by a major part of knockouts, bacteria, etcetera: 50 points.
3) predicts that adaptive phenotypes of organism do never demonstrate new genes.
PB: Novel genes unrelated to existing genes have never been observed in adaptive phenotypes: 50 points.
4) predicts that organism lacking vital DNA elements are selected against.
PB: Prediction confirmed in several lethal knockout models: 50 points.
5) predicts that there should be organisms that have not undergone genetic changes (yet).
PB: prediction confirmed in W. nobilis: 50 points.
THAT IS THE MAXIMAL SCORE.
|This message is a reply to:|
| ||Message 1 by monkenstick, posted 11-26-2002 6:46 PM|| ||monkenstick has not yet responded|
|Replies to this message:|
| ||Message 3 by joz, posted 11-26-2002 7:11 PM|| ||peter borger has responded|