Although the new software runs on the development system, it would not run when uploaded to the webhost. The problem proved elusive, so the original software has been restored, and the board has been reopened. The update will have to wait for another day.
The problems have been debugged, and the new plan is to take the board down at 9 PM Eastern Time US. Given the prep work that took place earlier today, the shutdown shouldn't last much over half an hour.
Sorry to take the board down twice in one day, but this update reduces our disk space requirements, so it was important to see it released.
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to restore all but the last three messages from the last backup. Perhaps funky, edge and John have copies or remember what they said? If so, they can edit the contents back into the message.