umm yea im new here looking for other like me who know how to control the energy as i call it , i am a person who has or has had every type of psychic ability and probobly some undiscovered ones im trying to increase thoses abilitys if anyone has advice in 5 years ill be traveling across the earth looking into various supernatural happenings if you have memorys from some kind of past life though i dont beleive in reicarnation or any reliegeon please tell me i have memorys of the past and im also called to pepole who are supernaturally involved if you have anything you could tell me please respond, by the way in reference to this i remember a memory where i didnt really need food there wasnt a need for it we somehow lived on another source of energy uhh... yea....you guys probobly dont get this alot so reply to me plz
Try cardiovascular exercise. Lift a heavy object -- Bill Bryson’s Short History of Nearly Everything for example, or perhaps Hines’s Pseudoscience and the Paranormal or Shermer’s Why People Believe Weird Things -- once a day. Read it, or if that fails, hit yourself on the head with it.
in 5 years ill be traveling across the earth looking into various supernatural happenings
Do let us know how you get on when you visit Mr Randi then...
if you have memorys from some kind of past life
I remember when I used to believe in garbage like that, does that count?
though i dont beleive in reicarnation or any reliegeon
Ah, we do agree on something after all.
please tell me i have memorys of the past
Okay, "you have memories of the past".
I find they’re the best sort.
and im also called to pepole
Pronounced Toh Pepolé? Is that Aztec? Is it your stage name?
who are supernaturally involved
Sorry to break this to you, but there’s no such thing as the supernatural.
if you have anything you could tell me please respond,
Okay. 1. Seek psychiatric help. 2. Get hold of the Shermer book mentioned above, then move on to Hines. 3. Keep this stuff to yourself. It is just tooo easy to laugh at you.
by the way in reference to this i remember a memory
That’s how it generally happens.
where i didnt really need food
Didn’t really, but nibbled a bit just to be socially polite?
there wasnt a need for it
Did you mention this to your doctor?
We?! Who else?
somehow lived on another source of energy
Ah, a breatharian. But, like, you gave it up? Say, can you actually define 'energy'?
My thoughts exactly.
“... man”? Keep on tokin’...
you guys probobly dont get this alot so reply to me plz
See above. I’d apologise for taking the piss so mercilessly... but, like, did you browse these forums before posting this? What sort of response were you expecting, exactly? What happened? Seems you stumbled in, thought 'yeah, these guys are right up my street, they think just like me, I’ll be right at home!'
Man, you ripped a waterfall out of this guy. You really don't take prisoners do you DT.
What's a pepole? This has got to be Dan Carrol taking the piss under another member name. Either that, or he's a half ape half man, lost in the transitional twilight zone with whisky as a sidekick, and a punctual puncture in the finger of his right foot.
P.S. Was message 63 one sentence?
[This message has been edited by mike the wiz, 12-23-2003]
Where is your positive evidence that they do exist?
Do you believe that mental illness, epilepsy, and a bunch of other diseases are caused by demons? Why or why not?
1. The Bible which proves itself to be reliable via fulfilled history coupled with history, archeological discoveries, it's effect on peoples and nations, etc.
2. Testimony of ex-spiritualists, missionaries who've witnessed the evil supernatural of the jungles, and other such sources.
3. The accuracy of Biblical description of the demonic, as well as all other satanic evil and it's effects on society. For example, the Bible claims false religious doctrines to be demonically inspired. Interestingly it is often the anti-Christian/Biblical religious doctrines tend to be the violent doctrines which teach violence to compel others to be adherants or which persecute passive Christian churches and organizations.
4. Muhammed, Joseph Smith, the Buddah, Shakyamuni and others all had visions or alleged supernatural experiences which inspired them to originate their religions. Either their experiences were of Satan's kingdom or of God's kingdom. Since all these originated doctrines contrary to the Bible, as a Biblical Christian, my opinion is that they are of the kingdom of evil, even though there is some good in all these. As with examples in the Bible, the evil laces the false and the evil with enough good so as to attract adherants and deceive.
5. People know as "cutters" are a good example of Biblical demonism. I know of a person whose daughter has this need to cut herself. A number of cults and pagan religions do/did things to draw blood in their rituals as well as ofering human sacrifices.
All of the above is ample evidence, imo of what the Bible calls the "mystery of iniquity."
Honestly the only evidence for the existence of god,angels and demons is personal experience. I know they exist because of my own experiences with them but i cant blame anyone here for not believing cause they havent seen them. The bottom line here is that nobody can give me enough evidence for the fact that they dont exist as well as i cant convince anybody that they do. So arguing about this will lead us nowhere. God is a reality and science cant explain the spiritual world. Science is not even certain of what the origin of this world is
I'm not going to get into your other points. Covering point 1 isn't on topic.
Your point 5 tho, I will touch upon. There is nothing supernatural, demonic or unknown about "cutters". I have worked with people with this issue for almost 10 years. Many cutters have emotional issues due to abuse, and top it off with very poor coping skills. Cutting offers a physical pain to to take one's mind off the emotional pain that they are incapable of dealing with. Many times, time, maturity, and help with forming more appropriate coping skills alleviates the issue.
------------------ Asgara "An unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates via Plato
People know as "cutters" are a good example of Biblical demonism. I know of a person whose daughter has this need to cut herself. A number of cults and pagan religions do/did things to draw blood in their rituals as well as ofering human sacrifices.
You won't believe this, Buz, but I've actually heard of a religion whose adherents ritually eat what they say is the body of their deity, and drink what they claim is its blood! Isn't that shocking??!!
Do I take your post to be, at least guardedly, a "yes" answer to the question "is epilepsy caused by demons?" Have my son and I really wasted all that time and money on neurologists and medicine for the last 25 years, when I could have had him exorcised? Are you telling be that Dilantin has anti-demonic properties? Are you completely unaware that self-mutilation is a psychiatric disorder somewhat kin to bulemia/anorexia? Are you really here in the 21st century?