When I joined this forum I asked how it can be possible for modern humans to have been around for 200,000 when the oldest documented civilizations were less than 10,000 years old. The responses I received varied between slander, abuse and shame as I was held in such contempt for asking a question which obviously no one had an answer for.
After thinking about it with some other guys we came up with this.
We will assert the ToE claim that modern humans have been around for 200,000 years. Up until 10,000 years ago the mating behavior of humans was like the chimps and gorillas. 20% of males, the alpha males, kept harems of females and dominated a territory. The remaining 80% of males would fail to procreate. I will refer to them as beta males. This would explain some things such as why our documented history is so short.
10,000 years ago a few things appeared at once. Agriculture, religion, writing and monogamous relationships. From here we start to find documented history of the first civilizations of the west and east. But what happened? What caused this great shift?
A naturalistic hypothesis might be this. One smart alpha male decided to pimp out his females to the beta males in return for resources. Within a few generations there was enough females to go around and the betas became agricultural slaves to the king, in return for a female. A monarchy style of rule developed.
The neighboring alpha males noticed the success of this social experiment and decide to apply the same strategy. As the population grew the king builds an army of beta males and decides to conquer new territory and expand his empire.
Language advances into literature and mathematics is refined. Communities are formed and trading begins. Money is invented closely followed by tax.
Religion and law then follows. It was bought in to prevent people from going their own way. Building big societies was probably an excuse for man to play his favorite game... War
A religious theory could go like this. God makes the heavens and earth. He then creates man and woman in an unspecified time after the creation of earth. He sees that things aren’t working out. So he sends one of his prophets to encourage the people to be faithful. And so begins the age of agriculture and civilization. Or maybe God creates Adam and Eve after seeing how bad his first group of humans had done.
The theists can actually create quite a few versions of events here.
What do people think. Do the atheists like this hypothesis? If not do they have an alternate one for explaining the 200,000 years of human existance? Do the creationists buy this hypothesis. If not, why and what alternatives do they have?
(This was first moderated without reason so I’ve now presented it in a more “politically correct” manner as not to offend anyone…)
I'll promote you. One question, though. Do you want this to be in a science forum or a faith/belief forum? In science forums, there needs to be strict evidence and no philosophy. In faith-based forums, evidence can be introduced, but philosophy and belief also count.