Do we have a solution to this question? I want to link to a specific message. How do?
This is something I'm still working on.
To link to your message in this thread:
- [msg=3] (use the message number) becomes Message 3
- [msg=-3] (use the negatvie message number) becomes Message 3
- [mid=514893] (use the message ID) becomes Message 3
About the new MID code, which requires the message ID number, sometimes it isn't easy finding the ID number. I can't turn on the display of these numbers yet because there are aspects of them that are not yet fully debugged.
The guaranteed way to find the message ID number right now is to hover or click on the reply button. If you have the status bar of your browser enabled, hovering over the reply button will display a URL that has "m=514213" (the number could be anything, of course). The number is the MID. Otherwise click on the reply button, you'll see the "m=514213" portion in the URL in the address box. Now click back.
To link to a message in another thread (I'll link to Message 61
in the dBoard 3.0 Beta Release Today
thread of the Announcements
To find the URL for a specific message:
- Try to find a link to it from another message, as will be the case if someone's replied to it, or if it's a reply to another message. Just copy the URL of the link.
- Find the MID, click on any reply or new topic button, enter [mid=msg_id_num] in the text box, click on preview. A link will appear in the preview window. Copy the URL
Features will become available soon that will make this much easier. Feedback like this makes it easier to set priorities, and I'll make this the highest priority. Barring unexpected problems, expect things to be much better in a week or so.
| ||EvC Forum Director|