Message 1 of 4 (82769)
02-03-2004 6:04 PM
Enough is enough! I have seen too many posts in recent months claiming that there are in fact no contradictions in the Bible. Whenever I see one of these I throw a real contradiction or two at the person and they always (sooner or later, anyways) blanket statement that it must be a copiest error. However no one has ever been able to provide any shread of proof whatsoever that it is a copiest error.
So here is the challenge. I will provide a number of contradictions (start with say 5?) in the Bible, including proof that it is a contradiction. You provide proof that it is not. Here goes:
1) Jehoiachin’s Age (2 CHR 36:9) Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began his reign. (2 KNG 24:8) Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began his reign
2) Captured Horsemen (2 Sam 8:4) David captured 1,700 horsemen. (1 Chr 18:4) David captured 7,000 (in the exact same battle).
3) Solomon’s Stalls (1 Kng 4:26) Solomon had 40,000 stalls. (2 Chr 9:25) Solomon had 4,000 stalls.
4) Ahaziah’s Age (2 Kings 8:26, 2 Chronicles 22:2) Either Ahaziah was 22 when he took the throne or 42.
5) Baasha’s Death (1KNG 16:6,8) Baasha dies and his son Ela begins his reign over Israel - this was in the 26th year of king Asa of Judah’s reign. (2CHR 16:1) In the 36th year of Asa's reign, Baasha, King of Isreal, attacks Judah… (Ten years after his death?).