So lets get this right. GPS is corrected for SR Show me the proof! no self professed experts or "I read it somewhere on a WIKI". Check on the website for GPS "no mention". It is obvious that NASA wasted their time and billions of dollars with Gravity Probe B, they could have just asked the GPS Center.
Hi, In your essay you forgot to include the gravitational influence of the moon! The gravitational force would also affect the time. So I guess the GPS center would have to correct for that too, otherwise it would be a bit werewolfish (wouldnt work when there is a full moon). Good luck with the complexity of the calculation of that scenario.
Maybe we could use a couple of more real life thought experiments.
You are on the top of a mountain and you setup your Muon detector. and will be able to count the mouns before they decay because,
1) In the frame of reference for the Muon lengths are contracted.
2) In the frame of reference for the Muon lengths are expanded.
3) Neither of the above.
Or instead of a train we use the LHC and particle beams instead of lasers.
The new collider is turned on and you press the button to fire two particle beams at each other at .9999c. When a few million revolutions have completed you trip the switch for them to collide.
When you look at the screen for the results.
1) You as the observer would see nothing as the beams are in a different frame of reference and for the particles in the beams time is passing slower and they haven't collided yet.
2) You as the observer would see the collision as the beams are in a different frame of reference and for the particles in the beams time is passing slower so they haven't collided yet (Added bonus we just created a time machine).
3) You as the observer would see the collision as time dilation didn't occur.
Not quite as simple as you suggest. you would need to take into account the orbits of the whole constellation (triangulation) in different angular positions and orbits with respect to the moon so that it worked for everyone. At any point in time there would always be a percentage of satellites on the other side of the earth completely devoid of lunar grabitational influence. "Back of a napkin calculations" suggest it is more than negligable center of gravity moves very roughly 25%. As I said it all boils down to physical evidence, show me the proof that they do this (No Wikis or Term papers), Dont you think the GPS center would be proud of the fact and publish it?
I know what you mean about the conspiracy theorists here in the U.S. and those 10% of americans are probably valley girls (L.A. quip). The 911 memorial I agree with you wholeheartedly they should get it built.
Thank you for your offer, but I tend towards Essens view, he was a pretty smart guy and knew a thing or two about time.