Understanding through Discussion


Welcome! You are not logged in. [ Login ]
EvC Forum active members: 86 (8945 total)
41 online now:
Admin (Percy), AZPaul3, jar, JoeT, PaulK, RAZD, Tangle, Theodoric (8 members, 33 visitors)
Newest Member: ski zawaski
Post Volume: Total: 865,347 Year: 20,383/19,786 Month: 780/2,023 Week: 288/392 Day: 19/129 Hour: 6/3


Thread  Details

Email This Thread
Newer Topic | Older Topic
  
Author Topic:   The Nature of Scepticism
petrophysics1
Inactive Member


Message 34 of 271 (690923)
02-18-2013 3:56 AM
Reply to: Message 19 by Straggler
02-17-2013 5:15 AM


Straggler's Skepticism, not the real thing
[Straggler says: "For example is this picture moving?"]

No it is not moving and and it has no apparent motion what so ever.

If you see it moving there is something very wrong in your mind.

Try fixing it.....something you have never in your life considered.

Your inability to accurately observe reality brings your conclusions about reality and the OP into serious doubt.

You use your misstaken idea of skepticism to remove evidence you don't like from your expierence. It makes you look "scientific" to the 98% of people who don't do science for a living. To the other 2% you look like an idiot.

Now do your normal "skepticism" thing where you deny that I have presented evidence that your preception of reality is fucked up.

You can start with saying I lied and that I see the above picture as moving but just said it wasn't. It is what you normally do, I've only got 9000+ posts to show that.

Edited by petrophysics1, : No reason given.

Edited by petrophysics1, : No reason given.

Edited by petrophysics1, : No reason given.

Edited by petrophysics1, : No reason given.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 19 by Straggler, posted 02-17-2013 5:15 AM Straggler has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 35 by Eli, posted 02-18-2013 4:31 AM petrophysics1 has responded
 Message 39 by Straggler, posted 02-18-2013 5:42 AM petrophysics1 has not yet responded

  
petrophysics1
Inactive Member


Message 36 of 271 (690927)
02-18-2013 5:15 AM
Reply to: Message 35 by Eli
02-18-2013 4:31 AM


Re: Straggler's Skeptism, not the real thing
OK, I understand that, but since it is stationary to me and in reality I don't know how it is supposed to be moving. If you can tell me maybe I can change the way I'm thinking/perceiving to make it move and figure out what you are doing.

This is like when having realized you cannot see 3D with one eye I spent several weeks trying to find the hidden software in my mind that still made the world look 3D with one eye closed. I found it and now can close one eye and see the world in either 3D or flat depending on if I chose to have the software on or off.

There is a lot of interesting stuff in your mind and subconscious memory, unforntunately even though it is part of the physical universe most people never look there.

Skepticism keeps people from looking there because only you can know what is in there. Science says LOOK, skepticism says don't look.......it's not scientific. LOL


This message is a reply to:
 Message 35 by Eli, posted 02-18-2013 4:31 AM Eli has acknowledged this reply

Replies to this message:
 Message 40 by Straggler, posted 02-18-2013 5:45 AM petrophysics1 has not yet responded

  
Newer Topic | Older Topic
Jump to:


Copyright 2001-2018 by EvC Forum, All Rights Reserved

™ Version 4.0 Beta
Innovative software from Qwixotic © 2019