Understanding through Discussion


Welcome! You are not logged in. [ Login ]
EvC Forum active members: 65 (9077 total)
395 online now:
Astrophile, DrJones* (2 members, 393 visitors)
Newest Member: Contrarian
Post Volume: Total: 894,045 Year: 5,157/6,534 Month: 577/794 Week: 68/135 Day: 8/6 Hour: 0/0


Thread  Details

Email This Thread
Newer Topic | Older Topic
  
Author Topic:   How many Creationists in US?
NoNukes
Inactive Member


Message 4 of 9 (728468)
05-29-2014 10:44 AM
Reply to: Message 1 by RAZD
05-29-2014 8:44 AM


My guess is that while about 30-40% of the people might suggest that the Bible is essentially correct at least about where people came from, the overwhelming majority of that population just like the overwhelming majority of the remaining 60% or so, don't have a well-formed opinion about astronomy, biology, etc. There is a large group of creationists are people who believe there was an Adam and Eve and a Noah, and have no idea about Ussher's chronology or any desire to know how old the stars are.

That does not mean that those creationists are not superstitious, but I think it is true that most people give the stuff we routinely discuss here the least bit of thought or consideration.


Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also in prison. Thoreau: Civil Disobedience (1846)

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo Galilei

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning. Frederick Douglass


This message is a reply to:
 Message 1 by RAZD, posted 05-29-2014 8:44 AM RAZD has seen this message

  
Newer Topic | Older Topic
Jump to:


Copyright 2001-2018 by EvC Forum, All Rights Reserved

™ Version 4.1
Innovative software from Qwixotic © 2022