But I'm pretty sure the issue is on my end, nothing to do with the board software. I'm using a laptop on a certain-domain at a non-normal site going through the internet on a different domain. I think there's security/configuration issues internal to the site I'm at that's confusing certain things.
Being able to post "somewhere" on the board seems to flush the problem through and allow to post where I originally wanted to.
So, in order to not clutter up other areas, I'll dump a few "test" messages to this thread when I require them.
Stupid computers. "Wave of the future" they said. "Make everything easier" they said.
If anyone's wondering, I did notice a minor thing that's not-entirely-related-to-my-system:
As long as I did things like this, I have no problems:
Go to All Topics. Right click and open-in-new-tab any thread I want to read (by right-clicking on the blue 'unread-message' arrow on the far left). Read whatever tabs I have open. See something I want to reply to. Open reply (in same tab thread exists in my browser, not a new-tab this time) using message's direct reply-to-specific-post button. Make reply post text. Usually click Preview button a few times. Using my all encompassing knowledge of everything, my reply is perfect and I complete it successfully at this stage. Click Submit Reply button. Reply posts... and everything works great.
However, if I do this, then things mess up:
Go to All Topics. Right click and open-in-new-tab any thread I want to read (by right-clicking on the blue 'unread-message' arrow on the far left). Read whatever tabs I have open. See something I want to reply to. Open reply (in same tab thread exists in my browser, not a new-tab this time) using message's direct reply-to-specific-post button. Make reply post text. Identify that I'm stupid can't remember what I'm replying to somewhere else. From the same existing tab I'm in (currently with reply editing box open) I right click on the thread name near the top where all the blue text with -> arrows is. Here, it would be the text saying "Stile's Stupid Test Thread". I right click on the thread name and open the thread in another new tab. In that new tab... I re-read the thread, perhaps look at some message-that-I'm-not-specifically-replying-to, maybe copy some text and paste it back over into my reply-tab (still open).
...this is usually where things go wrong.
Might click Preview button or maybe I'm super-confident and jump straight to the Submit Reply button...
...but post never posts... I get the errors I'm describing above and I generally have to post somewhere else, and/or restart my PC to correct the problem and go back to normal.
This isn't something new, either. This is how I've replied to threads for years and it's always worked with no issues in the past. I'm just seeing this strange-ness recently.
Anyway, I'm fine just not-opening-the-existing-thread-from-my-reply-tab and I don't seem to run into the issue any more.
I think this would cure the problem. Possibly even a new computer as well (my current laptop is 5+ years old).
However, as my Message 1 says, I'm basically on a 3rd party laptop using someone else's domain. On top of that, the "someone else's" domain is getting stricter and stricter on the controls they're allowing on their network. For instance, whenever I boot my 3rd party laptop, my 3rd party domain tries to connect to the current domain. Obviously it can't. And then something on my 3rd party laptop attempts to login into the current domain with credentials close-enough (or possible correct ones, I haven't figured this out yet) and gets my current-domain user name locked up for attempting too many failed logins.
Anyway, if I use Chrome on my 3rd party laptop... it doesn't get past the user-credentials required to access the internet. For some reason, old Internet Explorer doesn't have this issue and I am allowed to access the internet.
So I've tried a different browser, but it got jammed before I could even test it out on the problems I'm having at evcforum.net. With all this junk going on, I am very convinced that the issue is on my end and not something with evcforum.net.
Usually, if I tried to go anywhere in Chrome, it would ask me for my credentials (domain verifies if user has access to internet over a proxy connection).
When I enter my creds into Chrome, it never worked. When I enter my creds into IE, it worked.
But just now, I entered my creds into normal-Chrome again and it worked fine. I've tried this off-and-on for the last few years with Chrome and it's never worked. I'm surprised (and happy) that it's working now.
If you're wondering, I understand how to enter my credentials for the correct domain (domain\username as opposed to just "username" on it's own - which would use my local PC creds which would not work).
But.. yay! Chrome seems to work fine using my correct their-domain user credentials.
This will likely make many things easier for me here. Even work-related things!
If the issue appears in Chrome (normal mode) and I shut down the browser and start it up again and try again... sometimes this helps (issues goes away and everything works) and sometimes it doesn't (issues is still there even after restarting Chrome).
However, if I have the issue, then restart Chrome in Incognito Mode and try again... it "always" seems to work. Always is in quotes because it's not like I've really done a lot of testing... only once or twice, really.