What it possible in these situations? They have invented a world where what he says makes sense, it's a total alternative reality that they can inhabit and no amount of fact can change it.
I don't think much is possible.
1. If wibble continues - he'll likely just get banned.
2. MtW (and other's of the same) don't want to look at facts and reason, they want to believe what they believe and pretend it's all based on facts and reason.
3. You can try to continue for the sake of onlookers, or yourself, for entertainment purposes (one of the main reasons I continue visit this site, even - personal entertainment - I find the conversations interesting, for whatever reason, and not everyone finds all the same things interesting to the same levels - to each their own.)
4. You can just laugh - as most reasonable people will do to such comments, since folk like MtW are in such an extreme minority. And be thankful that such a turn-around has occurred while we're alive. Such folk did use to be a majority and run most of the world. But we've been out of the Dark Ages for a long time, now.
5. Ridicule can be fun, if you don't mind hurting their feelings. Just like how Flat Earthers and other various conspiracy nuts are treated - the psychological profile is an exact match.
Re: Creation vs Evolution has been settled for over a century
The whole pack of cards is only held together by Jesus Christ anyways.
Biblical Literal-ism does not have to be true but the Virgin Birth and character of Jesus Christ does.
For you - yes.
Of course, we all know of past (some present?) member who would state, with the exact same amount of seriousness, that the whole pack of cards actually does fall down if Adam and Eve and a 6000 year old Earth are not real.
So - to them - Adam and Eve are super important, without them the Jesus story means nothing, and without Him the Love We Show Our Neighbours means nothing.
But - to you - Adam and Eve are unimportant, the Jesus story is super important, and without Him the Love We Show Our Neighbours means nothing.
But - to me - Adam and Eve are unimportant, the Jesus story is unimportant, and the Love We Show Our Neighbours is super important.
If we all agree on the final thing... that the Love We Show Our Neighbours is super important... regardless of what we base that "importance" upon... what does it matter?
I think the Love We Show Our Neighbours is super important because loving our neighbours is serious and important.
You think the Love We Show Our Neightbours is super important because Jesus' story is super important because the New Testament is serious and important.
Others think the Love We Show Our Neighbours is super important because Jesus' story is super important because Adam and Eve and a 6000 year old Earth is super important because The Bible (Old and New Testament) is serious and important.
Does it matter how far back it goes? If it does - why stop at Jesus? If it doesn't - why include Jesus?
Does it matter how far back it goes? - Not really (to each their own...) If it does - why stop at Jesus? - Don't care. If it doesn't - why include Jesus? - Don't care.