Understanding through Discussion

Welcome! You are not logged in. [ Login ]
EvC Forum active members: 65 (9046 total)
135 online now:
AZPaul3, dwise1, nwr (3 members, 132 visitors)
Newest Member: maria
Happy Birthday: AdminPhat
Post Volume: Total: 887,238 Year: 4,884/14,102 Month: 482/707 Week: 37/176 Day: 37/65 Hour: 1/2

Thread  Details

Email This Thread
Newer Topic | Older Topic
Author Topic:   2020 Election early voting and eventually results
Posts: 972
From: Central Florida, USA
Joined: 09-13-2013

Message 121 of 200 (883074)
11-04-2020 12:39 PM
Reply to: Message 118 by jar
11-04-2020 8:12 AM

It's going to be VERY close
Looking at Real Clear Polices right now, if the current trends hold, Biden will become president. But just BARELY. We are talking a difference of just 3 or 4 electoral votes.

The Senate appears to still be Republican. But the Dems also lost five seats in the house thus far. They'll still have their majority, but it will be diminished.

My big fear now is that it is so close in the swing states with the mail in voting, that Trump may ask the Supreme Court to intervene. Remember how that turned out in 2000?

This message is a reply to:
 Message 118 by jar, posted 11-04-2020 8:12 AM jar has not yet responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 122 by PaulK, posted 11-04-2020 12:51 PM Diomedes has responded

Posts: 972
From: Central Florida, USA
Joined: 09-13-2013

Message 126 of 200 (883079)
11-04-2020 1:45 PM
Reply to: Message 122 by PaulK
11-04-2020 12:51 PM

Re: It's going to be VERY close
Trump says he wants to stop the counts, but we’ll see if he does anything. Trump says a lot of things. The Texas court case where both State and Federal courts refused to invalidate over 100,000 legal votes gives me hope that the Supreme Court will not rubber-stamp any demand Trump makes (even if some of the Justices would do that).

Trump is a massive blowhard. He could potentially turn this into a fight just to save face. I wouldn't put it past him.

Incidentally, as a sidebar: every pollster that was predicting the election results needs to be fired. I don't think I have seen any situation were the polls were so utterly wrong. I don't know if it was stupidity or bias. Maybe a bit of both. Even Nate Silver, who is supposed to be one of the smart ones, had Biden at 90% chance of winning and Trump at 10%. While the actual ratio turned out to be about 50/50.

This message is a reply to:
 Message 122 by PaulK, posted 11-04-2020 12:51 PM PaulK has not yet responded

Newer Topic | Older Topic
Jump to:

Copyright 2001-2018 by EvC Forum, All Rights Reserved

™ Version 4.0 Beta
Innovative software from Qwixotic © 2021