1. B 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. D 6. C 7. B 8. D 9. D 10.C (maybe should be "annoyance"? 11.C 12.B 13.B 14.D 15.D 16.A 17.C 18.B 19.B 20.A (underlined word should be "pupil" I'm guessing) 21.B 22.C 23.A 24.D 25.D 26.D 27.A 28.C 29.C 30.B 31.A 32.D 33.C 34.A 35.A
32 correct, 3 incorrect out of a possible 35. (91%)
To be fair, the one's you got incorrect could have easily been misconstrued since at least two meanings were very similar. For instance, you got 1, 10, and 12 incorrect.
1. You selected (A) locked, to be most synonymous with "secure," however, the site lists (B) 'safe' as the more appropriate answer. My answer was the same as yours. I think the word 'safe' here is a bit cryptic because one might automatically associate it with a physical safe, such as a vault.
12. I think you might have made a mistake on this one because you commented on "annoying" but as if you didn't select it. You ended up putting (c) annoying as the most similar to "obvious" when I think you might have meant (a) 'apparent.'
14. This one I have a hard time understanding the answer. I don't like the options here. The word we're looking for was 'unconscionable,' and it lists the answer as, (c) 'excessive.' But according to Dictionary.com, 'unscrupulous' is the first and most prominent definition, which I think we all associate with the word, unconscionable.' Listed third is excessive. I had no idea that excessive and unconscionable were analogous.
1. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
A. 18:30 B. 20:00 C. 21:00 D. 22:00 E. 23:30
2. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?
A. 2 B. 5 C. 8 D. 10 E. 40
3. If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7"s will you pass on the way?
A. 10 B. 11 C. 19 D. 20 E. 21
4. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?
1. Yes 2. No
5. Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words?
CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE
________________? What word can you make by supplying meaning?
6. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing number?
1 8 27 ? 125 216
A. 36 B. 45 C. 46 D. 64 D. 99
7. What is the following word when it is unscrambled?
H C P R A A T E U
8. The same three-letter word can be placed in front of the following words to make a new word: What is the the three-letter word?
LIGHT BREAK TIME
9. How many four sided figures are in this diagram?
A. 10 B. 16 C. 25 D. 28
10. Which letter comes next in this series of letters?
B A C B D C E D F ?
1. C 2. D 3. E 4. F. 5. G
11. Which of the figures below the line of drawings best completes the series?
A. B. C. D. E.
Edited by nemesis_juggernaut, : My images died on me!!!! Trying to reload them. Hang on, folks.
Edited by nemesis_juggernaut, : trying to fix my images!!!!
Edited by nemesis_juggernaut, : I don't know what the problem is. It was working fine before I hit the "refresh button" Now they died on me!
Faith is not a pathetic sentiment, but robust, vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love. You cannot see Him just now, you cannot fully understand what He's doing, but you know that you know Him." -Oswald Chambers