Understanding through Discussion


Welcome! You are not logged in. [ Login ]
EvC Forum active members: 122 (8774 total)
Current session began: 
Page Loaded: 07-27-2017 8:49 PM
363 online now:
AnswersInGenitals, DrJones*, jar, JonF, Riggamortis (5 members, 358 visitors)
Chatting now:  Chat room empty
Newest Member: Tom Larkin
Post Volume:
Total: 814,753 Year: 19,359/21,208 Month: 2,118/3,111 Week: 339/574 Day: 53/82 Hour: 0/5

Announcements: Reporting debate problems OR discussing moderation actions/inactions


Thread  Details

Email This Thread
Newer Topic | Older Topic
  
RewPrev1
...
2021
22
232425Next
Author Topic:   Claims of God Being Omnipotent in the Bible
djufo
Member (Idle past 928 days)
Posts: 55
From: FL
Joined: 10-02-2014


Message 316 of 368 (738037)
10-04-2014 11:38 AM
Reply to: Message 315 by MFFJM2
10-02-2014 11:27 PM


False. And that's what you've been forced to "believe" by the "scientific" community. The original texts were written in Sumerian cuneiform, in clay tablets, 3,000-8,000 years ago. They contain the original historical data of our creation, the formation of the solar system and the purpose of our existence.
This message is a reply to:
 Message 315 by MFFJM2, posted 10-02-2014 11:27 PM MFFJM2 has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 317 by Theodoric, posted 10-05-2014 10:43 AM djufo has responded
 Message 318 by MFFJM2, posted 10-07-2014 1:52 PM djufo has not yet responded

    
Theodoric
Member
Posts: 5765
From: Northwest, WI, USA
Joined: 08-15-2005


Message 317 of 368 (738151)
10-05-2014 10:43 AM
Reply to: Message 316 by djufo
10-04-2014 11:38 AM


The original texts were written in Sumerian cuneiform, in clay tablets, 3,000-8,000 years ago.

Please tell us where these tablets are kept so that we can look at them. Do you at least have a picture?


Facts don't lie or have an agenda. Facts are just facts

"God did it" is not an argument. It is an excuse for intellectual laziness.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 316 by djufo, posted 10-04-2014 11:38 AM djufo has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 322 by djufo, posted 10-08-2014 10:45 PM Theodoric has responded

    
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 318 of 368 (738257)
10-07-2014 1:52 PM
Reply to: Message 316 by djufo
10-04-2014 11:38 AM


Clay Tablets..?
Really..? How is it that not a single Biblical scholar mentions these tablets supporting biblical text..? There are between half a million and two million cuneiform Sumerian clay tablets extant in the world, but only about 100,000 have been translated. Are you perhaps one of the few hundred qualified cuneiformists in the world..? Why haven't you shared your discovery with everyone else..? Sumerian civilization doesn't go back 8,000 years. "Although the earliest forms of writing in the region do not go back much further than c. 3500 BCE, modern historians have suggested that Sumer was first permanently settled between c. 5500 and 4000 BCE by a non-Semitic people who spoke the Sumerian language." Now, let's see some evidence for this nonsense.
This message is a reply to:
 Message 316 by djufo, posted 10-04-2014 11:38 AM djufo has not yet responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 319 by NoNukes, posted 10-07-2014 3:48 PM MFFJM2 has responded

    
NoNukes
Member
Posts: 9747
From: Central NC USA
Joined: 08-13-2010
Member Rating: 3.1


Message 319 of 368 (738259)
10-07-2014 3:48 PM
Reply to: Message 318 by MFFJM2
10-07-2014 1:52 PM


Re: Clay Tablets..?
Sumerian civilization doesn't go back 8,000 years. "Although the earliest forms of writing in the region do not go back much further than c. 3500 BCE, modern historians have suggested that Sumer was first permanently settled between c. 5500 and 4000 BCE by a non-Semitic people who spoke the Sumerian language."

A great rant, but I note that the outer limits of the dates you propose is 7500 years ago and that there is a possibility that some tablets predated the permanent settlement since according to your post the language itself predates 5500 BCE. It seems a bit silly to quibble about an age of 8000 years ago.

Yes, djufo's post is silly, but ...


Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also in prison. Thoreau: Civil Disobedience (1846)

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo Galilei

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning. Frederick Douglass


This message is a reply to:
 Message 318 by MFFJM2, posted 10-07-2014 1:52 PM MFFJM2 has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 320 by MFFJM2, posted 10-08-2014 7:48 AM NoNukes has responded

    
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 320 of 368 (738297)
10-08-2014 7:48 AM
Reply to: Message 319 by NoNukes
10-07-2014 3:48 PM


Re: Clay Tablets..?
Not exactly. The term "cuneiform" is a bit deceptive, in that people tend to think it's some type of writing system. Cuneiform denotes several kinds of writing systems. The word "cuneiform" came from Latin cuneus, which means "wedge". Therefore, any script can be called cuneiform as long as individual signs are composed of these wedges. The written Sumerian cuneiform system does not date prior to about 3500 BCE. Clay "tokens" go back much further, and were apparently used for counting agricultural and manufactured goods. This does not support a claim that they would provide credence for scripture. My previous post was to point out the absurdity of claiming that there are Sumerian clay tablets that support scripture from 8,000 years ago.
This message is a reply to:
 Message 319 by NoNukes, posted 10-07-2014 3:48 PM NoNukes has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 321 by NoNukes, posted 10-08-2014 8:04 AM MFFJM2 has not yet responded

    
NoNukes
Member
Posts: 9747
From: Central NC USA
Joined: 08-13-2010
Member Rating: 3.1


Message 321 of 368 (738299)
10-08-2014 8:04 AM
Reply to: Message 320 by MFFJM2
10-08-2014 7:48 AM


Re: Clay Tablets..?
pointless

Edited by NoNukes, : No reason given.


Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also in prison. Thoreau: Civil Disobedience (1846)

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo Galilei

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning. Frederick Douglass


This message is a reply to:
 Message 320 by MFFJM2, posted 10-08-2014 7:48 AM MFFJM2 has not yet responded

    
djufo
Member (Idle past 928 days)
Posts: 55
From: FL
Joined: 10-02-2014


Message 322 of 368 (738326)
10-08-2014 10:45 PM
Reply to: Message 317 by Theodoric
10-05-2014 10:43 AM


Yep, most of them are kept at the British museum.

http://ancientexplorers.com/...ets-about-alien-life-revealed


This message is a reply to:
 Message 317 by Theodoric, posted 10-05-2014 10:43 AM Theodoric has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 323 by MFFJM2, posted 10-09-2014 6:48 AM djufo has not yet responded
 Message 325 by Theodoric, posted 10-09-2014 8:54 AM djufo has not yet responded

    
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 323 of 368 (738340)
10-09-2014 6:48 AM
Reply to: Message 322 by djufo
10-08-2014 10:45 PM


So, where is your evidence that these Sumerian clay tablets "contain the original historical data of our creation, the formation of the solar system and the purpose of our existence." The web site uses words like "myth" and "debated". This is hardly conclusive evidence of anything. It does point out that the Epic of Gilgamesh predates the story of Noah's Ark by thousands of years though.

Edited by MFFJM2, : No reason given.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 322 by djufo, posted 10-08-2014 10:45 PM djufo has not yet responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 324 by MFFJM2, posted 10-09-2014 7:18 AM MFFJM2 has not yet responded

    
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 324 of 368 (738341)
10-09-2014 7:18 AM
Reply to: Message 323 by MFFJM2
10-09-2014 6:48 AM


So, let's look a little closer at the qualifications of Mr. Martell to understand anything about Sumerian cuneiform. He has a an AA degree from Mira Costa Community College, and studied Computer Science at San Marcos State University afterwards, but never earned a degree. Wow, pretty slim academically. He is the founder of GodTube.com, and made a documentary video placed on You Tube about an ancient "battery", which has been debunked by scientists around the world. Martell claims specialization in the Sumerian culturecorroborating his findings with scholars such as Zecharia Sitchin (Sitchin's ideas have been rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudo-history.) Okay, so that's your evidence is it. ROFL
This message is a reply to:
 Message 323 by MFFJM2, posted 10-09-2014 6:48 AM MFFJM2 has not yet responded

    
Theodoric
Member
Posts: 5765
From: Northwest, WI, USA
Joined: 08-15-2005


Message 325 of 368 (738348)
10-09-2014 8:54 AM
Reply to: Message 322 by djufo
10-08-2014 10:45 PM


Her are a few choice bits from your link.

quote:
One of the more compelling arguments for this is the fact that science has recently revealed that there probably was a global catastrophic flood that took place about 10,000 years ago.

Uh no, science has revealed no such thing
quote:
Many of these texts are fragmented and incomplete, making context difficult to piece together at times.

Hmm interesting, so how about someone showing us the parts that have been translated that say what is claimed.
quote:
Its a theory that has been ruled out as quite simply preposterous by academics and peer reviewed Archaeologists around the world since it was first proposed. There are many Ancient Alien theorists who refuse to consider Sitchins contributions due to his lack of empirical evidence and the fact that his is a translation of the tablets that many Cuneiform experts do not agree with.

Ahh, his own "special" translation.

So basically you got nothing.


Facts don't lie or have an agenda. Facts are just facts

"God did it" is not an argument. It is an excuse for intellectual laziness.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 322 by djufo, posted 10-08-2014 10:45 PM djufo has not yet responded

    
djufo
Member (Idle past 928 days)
Posts: 55
From: FL
Joined: 10-02-2014


Message 326 of 368 (738388)
10-09-2014 5:56 PM


Well, based on those low intellect replies, we can question anything. And I go back again to the same example. Why in the world should I "believe" that George Washington and the founding fathers really existed? The next generation can perfectly consider them mythological figures created to unify the nation under one ideal and nothing more. You can provide me thousands of pages to prove me that they existed. But, where is the real proof? I don't see them. I never met them. how do you prove that they existed? You see how stupid and retarded conversations can turn?

On the other hand, the repulsive theory of human evolution created by slaves of a religion called "mainstream science", cannot prove or show why in the world do we have 46 chromosomes while our allegedly recent ancestors (or their cousins as they prefer) have 48. You can create mules and other creatures but they will be sterile or they will be defective copies like humans with 44 chromosomes. Either way, any time that happens by natural ways, mother nature does not allow the replication of that faulty copy. Humans mysteriously have chromosome 2 fused and voila! that gave birth not only to a new creature, but a radical change in intelligence happened. Completely un-adapted to this planet, but smarter than any other species in the world. In the blink of an eye. one day to the next.

By the way, judging somebody by his "qualifications" is just an emotional excuse when you have no more arguments to prove your points. If having qualifications means earn a degree to make 50k a year with a student loan of another 50k, and work for a technology firm and be called "scientist", I am sorry but that shows an individual with barely average iq. You do not need "qualifications" or degrees to use logic, reason and common sense. You are born with those attributes, and like it or not, those attributes makes people think out of the box and not follow the same stupid doctrines that the "experts" try to impose on people who posses your "qualifications"


Replies to this message:
 Message 327 by MFFJM2, posted 10-12-2014 10:13 AM djufo has responded

    
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 327 of 368 (738567)
10-12-2014 10:13 AM
Reply to: Message 326 by djufo
10-09-2014 5:56 PM


I apologize in advance for the length of this reply, but the post referenced needed to be deconstructed.

djufo wrote:"Well, based on those low intellect replies, we can question anything."

Questioning and using critical thinking i.e. reason has nothing to do with having a low intellect, as you call it. It is part of the method we use to determine truth from falsehood.

djufo wrote: "And I go back again to the same example. Why in the world should I "believe" that George Washington and the founding fathers really existed? The next generation can perfectly consider them mythological figures created to unify the nation under one ideal and nothing more. You can provide me thousands of pages to prove me that they existed. But, where is the real proof? I don't see them. I never met them."

There are thousands of proofs of the existence of George Washington and the founding fathers, including thousands of letters written in their own hands, as well as to and about him that are contemporaneous, and eye-witnessed. But explaining this to someone who thinks one can only believe what one sees with their own eyes is kind of a waste. That is not empiricism, but rather a "strawman" of empiricism created by fundamentalists. Try reading any biography or history and you will find plenty of evidence for the founding fathers.

djufo wrote: "On the other hand, the repulsive theory of human evolution created by slaves of a religion called "mainstream science", cannot prove or show why in the world do we have 46 chromosomes while our allegedly recent ancestors (or their cousins as they prefer) have 48."

Wrong. The fact that we have a fused chromosome that exactly matches that of the chimpanzee should be all the proof you need. That can be found here...http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm

djufo wrote: "Either way, any time that happens by natural ways, mother nature does not allow the replication of that faulty copy. Humans mysteriously have chromosome 2 fused and voila! that gave birth not only to a new creature, but a radical change in intelligence happened. Completely un-adapted to this planet, but smarter than any other species in the world. In the blink of an eye. one day to the next."

Nonsense, the evolution of human beings was not overnight, or in the blink of an eye. It took millions of years of evolution, from Austrolpithicus Aforensis to Homo Sapien Sapien. Human beings are marvelously adapted to this planet, or we wouldn't be able to breathe, consume food, or any of the other biological processes.

djufo wrote: "By the way, judging somebody by his "qualifications" is just an emotional excuse when you have no more arguments to prove your points."

Nonsense, judging someone claiming to have some academic credibility by their academics is exactly to the point. I did not write that you or Mr. Martell shouldn't be entitled to your ridiculous beliefs, just that he can hardly be cited as an expert in anything having to do with Sumerian Cuneiform or Sumerian culture.

djufo wrote:" If having qualifications means earn a degree to make 50k a year with a student loan of another 50k, and work for a technology firm and be called "scientist", I am sorry but that shows an individual with barely average iq."

Now who's being judgmental..? How much someone earns is not at all representative of their intelligence, and one look no further than the Duck Dynasty for that proof. Professors earn considerably more than $50k/yr at major universities.

djufo wrote: "You do not need "qualifications" or degrees to use logic, reason and common sense."

An advanced degree is just evidence that you have done a certain amount of work in a particular field, and it provides you credibility among others in that field. A lack of a degree means zero credibility. The taxi driver in Baltimore certainly has an opinion about cancer treatment, but that doesn't mean his opinion is as educated or as valuable as that of the Oncologist from Johns Hopkins, just because they both live in the same city. Without education, which the degree demonstrates, you cannot possibly understand the nuances of reason or logic. And common sense is very often wrong, like the common sense notion that the earth was flat or that the sun moved around the earth..

djufo wrote: "You are born with those attributes, and like it or not, those attributes makes people think out of the box and not follow the same stupid doctrines that the "experts" try to impose on people who posses your "qualifications"."

So the opinions of the truly ignorant are to be considered as having the same value as the educated, because they are born with an attribute that makes them think out of the box..? Congratulations, this is the stupidest thing said on the internet today. it was a close call, but after the balloting it was clear that yours was the winner.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 326 by djufo, posted 10-09-2014 5:56 PM djufo has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 328 by djufo, posted 10-12-2014 2:03 PM MFFJM2 has responded
 Message 331 by Phat, posted 10-16-2014 4:46 PM MFFJM2 has not yet responded

    
djufo
Member (Idle past 928 days)
Posts: 55
From: FL
Joined: 10-02-2014


Message 328 of 368 (738574)
10-12-2014 2:03 PM
Reply to: Message 327 by MFFJM2
10-12-2014 10:13 AM


In your own process of brilliant deconstruction you prove my point. And I as k you again so you can finally stop hitting your own head against the wall. Why in the freaking world should all of us "believe" that George Washington really existed?? There is NOBODY alive who can swear under oath that he really existed. No matter what kind of proof you try to bring to the table, I do not see Washington, I have never seen him in my life, there is no way to prove that he really existed. Now explain how that is different from thousands and thousands of writings in clay tablets, stone and paper that all ancient civilizations wrote throughout the world about our origins. Same story, different parts of the world. There is no reference anywhere in the ancient world about us coming from monkeys. All of a sudden we have a modern clan of religious radicals called "scientists" under who knows what kind of hallucinogen drug claiming to be cousins of monkeys.
This message is a reply to:
 Message 327 by MFFJM2, posted 10-12-2014 10:13 AM MFFJM2 has responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 329 by Tangle, posted 10-12-2014 2:15 PM djufo has not yet responded
 Message 330 by MFFJM2, posted 10-13-2014 11:15 AM djufo has not yet responded

    
Tangle
Member
Posts: 4891
From: UK
Joined: 10-07-2011
Member Rating: 3.8


Message 329 of 368 (738576)
10-12-2014 2:15 PM
Reply to: Message 328 by djufo
10-12-2014 2:03 PM


djufo writes:

I do not see Washington, I have never seen him in my life, there is no way to prove that he really existed.

Is this the test you apply to all matters requiring 'proof', that you personally have or have not witnessed it?


Life, don't talk to me about life - Marvin the Paranoid Android

"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved."
- Tim Minchin, in his beat poem, Storm.


This message is a reply to:
 Message 328 by djufo, posted 10-12-2014 2:03 PM djufo has not yet responded

  
MFFJM2
Member (Idle past 681 days)
Posts: 58
From: Washington, DC
Joined: 10-11-2009


Message 330 of 368 (738630)
10-13-2014 11:15 AM
Reply to: Message 328 by djufo
10-12-2014 2:03 PM


You don't have an intelligible point. The founding fathers wrote thousands of letters in their own hand. They were observed by thousands of eyewitnesses, who then wrote about their observations. Contemporaneous writers and historians mention and in some cases quote them. Only an idiot would continue to insist the only proof of existence is when djufo meets them in person. Are you incapable of understanding that sworn statements by living witnesses are the least reliable evidence available..?
This message is a reply to:
 Message 328 by djufo, posted 10-12-2014 2:03 PM djufo has not yet responded

Replies to this message:
 Message 334 by NoNukes, posted 10-17-2014 1:07 PM MFFJM2 has responded

    
RewPrev1
...
2021
22
232425Next
Newer Topic | Older Topic
Jump to:


Copyright 2001-2015 by EvC Forum, All Rights Reserved

™ Version 4.0 Beta
Innovative software from Qwixotic © 2017